No products in the cart
CONSERVE FILTER LIFE WITH A BYPASS!
Double your filter life today by cutting your deionized water use in half using our proprietary bypass assembly that allows you to easily switch from tap water to our supercalifragilisticexpialidocious deionized water.
Simply point the inlet valve levers in the direction of desired water flow (around or through the system) and get your wash on. Easily connects to the inbound and outbound fittings on our CR Spotless and Simple Chuck systems.
Photos show optional items and are worth 1,000 words. Your new bypass comes with a 2.7′ stainless steel hose, 2 Y valves (for the goeszinta and a goeszoutta ports on your spotless water system), and the two connectors necessary to attach a Y valve to a.) the inlet side of your system and b.) your inlet ss hose (supplied with your system).
Out of stock
You Spoke. We listened.
Many have asked for the ability to easily bypass the system so they can use regular water for initial rinse/soap up and only use the supercalifragilisticexpialidocious water (had to say it) for the final rinse.
- There’s an Inlet Y valve and an Outlet Y valve. The Outlet Y valve DOES NOT REQUIRE VALVE ADJUSTMENTS. Leave both Outlet Y levers in the ‘open’ position.
- Install female portion of Outlet Y to the male 3/4″ output of your spotless system.
- The only levers you need to turn belong to the Inlet Y valve which has 2 additional pieces attached.
- A male/male connector that you will attach to the inlet stainless steel hose (not included with this kit but provided with your *spotless* system).
- A female/female swivel that attaches to the inlet side of the of spotless system.
- Water flow is determined by direction of levers.
- Point both levers in direction of bypass hose and you have normal tap water at your disposal.
- Point both levers in direction of spotless inlet and Viola! you now have deionized water. Well…kind of….
You will not immediately produce spotless water from your hose nozzle after moving levers from ‘bypass’ to ‘spotless water’.
- You MUST flush the tap water from your hose before expecting *spotless water* to splash on your work surface (a 25′ garden hose has about 1/2 gallon of water in it so around 15 seconds spraying from a nozzle will clear it…spray for 30 seconds if using a 1.2 gpm pressure washer).
We reviewed multiple permutations of assembly options and initially specified a non-valved Y on the outlet side to eliminate any confusion on valve operation. After further design review, we kept valved Y’s on both sides so in the event of any damage to the lever assembly on the inbound side, you can simply swap the valves so it’s like having a ‘spare’ Y valve in your toolbox. Pretty nifty if I say so myself.
The inevitable question is the resistance of the brass items to corrosion caused by deionized water. The answer is Yes- the brass will begin to show signs of discoloration over time due to deionized water. But odds are they will still be around in operation long after you decide it might be time to turn in the driver’s license.
We hope you enjoy this fine accoutrement to your cleaning arsenal and be sure to let us know whatchya think!
|Dimensions||2 × 10 × 5 in|